Pursuant to the Factoring Law (RS Official Gazette No 62/13), the administration of the Factoring Register is vested in the Serbian Business Registers Agency, established by the Law on the Serbian Business Registers Agency (RS Official Gazette No 55/04, 111/09 and 99/11).
The Register is a unique, centralized, electronic database of granted and revoked licenses for the performance of factoring services.
The Register began to operate on 22 October 2013.
Relevant regulations available on the Agency’s webpage:
- Factoring Law (RS Official Gazette, No. 62/13 and 30/18)
- Rulebook on the content of the Factoring Register (RS Official Gazette, No. 93/13)
- Rulebook on detailed requirements for and manner of issuance of the license for the performance of factoring services and the Rulebook on the content of the Factoring Register (RS Official Gazette, No. 93/13)
The Register contains the following data:
- the exact time (day, hour, minute) of the receipt by the Serbian Business Registers Agency of the decision of the ministry granting and revoking the factoring license;
- decisions by which the ministry grants and revokes the factoring licenses, specifically:
- the name of the issuer;
- the number of the decision;
- the date of issuance;
- the company the decision applies to, in particular its:
- business name;
- company code;
- the file number of the decision in the Register.
The Serbian Business Registers Agency is required to register the data in the Factoring Register ex officio, immediately upon receipt.
The data from the Register, which are listed above, are posted on the SBRA’s website.
Along with the data, the Register also posts decisions of the line ministry on granting and revoking the license for carrying out factoring.